here is one of my last projects.
I had in my pattern stock a midcentury style dress I wanted to make for a long time.
It’s a Butterick but the enveloppe is not in a good shape and the number is unreadable…
It’s a simple straight dress with outside pocketswith just enough details to make it perfect for me 🙂
I really like the collar shaped like a star (or little trangles in a bigger one if you prefer haha!).
The pockets have the same detail too.
I chose a beige crepe fabric, very light and fluid. I hesitated a while to add a lining inside (the fabric is slightly transparent). But I often wear « under dresses » so I chose the fastest and easiest way haha!
Here’s the beast!
I still hesitate about narrowing the skirt. In fact I had to reduce the whole dress (it was two sizes bigger than mine)
And the collar! Yey!
And strangely, this was really not so hard to do properly! I even didn’t scream at anytime making it, and kept completely calm!! And believe me this is really rare! Haha!! (sewing, a true love/hate story ^^)
I added a little »mid century moden » detail : a little atomic star 🙂 (it’ not visible on the previous photos because of the lack of light and the huge contrast on the photo :s
Oh and a little zoom on one on the pocket. They are a little bigger than the skirt so they « pop out » of it 🙂 It’s a strange finition to me but well I got used to it.
We try to take pictures seriously, we really do, I swear! :p
Thanks for reading!!